Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dossier in Ethiopia and need some stuff


  • YEA! My dossier is in Ethiopia, now being translated to Amharic, which I am told can take about two weeks! It feels good to finally be at this stage of the game.

    So the next thoughts are about court dates and travel dates.

    One of the things I wanted to share, was about donations for the orphanage. I saw this on another site from a family adopting through Hope and thought it was a good idea.

    There is only so much I can take with me, but thought I would try to collect some items for my trip (hopefully in November)

    Hope Place, the orphanage in Ethiopia where Olivia is living, has so many children right now, and a hard time getting all the supplies they need. Sometimes it's not just a matter of having the cash (birr) to buy things, but many items are just really difficult to purchase there. So here is a list of items needed. If you would like to make a donation I will take as much as I can with me to Ethiopia and give them to the orphanage. If you'd like to donate but don't want to ship things, please email me and let me know. I will do the shopping for you.

    Any donation is helpful --it doesn't have to be large.



    Diaper wipes, disposable diapers, diaper rash cream
    Cloth diapers, diaper pins, diaper covers, training pants
    Sheets and blankets for cribs and older kids' beds
    Baby bottles, bottle washers, pacifiers
    Sippy cups and children's utensils
    Hand sanitizer
    Baby lotion and good quality lotion for caregivers' hands (they get dry from washing so much)
    Children's and Infant's Tylenol or Motrin
    Shoes and clothes for all ages, but especially older kids --shoes are desperately needed
    School supplies
    Girls' hair accessories
    Books for children (The older kids love books in English)

No comments:

Post a Comment