Monday, December 1, 2008

Worth the Watch....The Toughest Call


ABC news aired a program on Nov 28th that is well worth the watch.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020

Look under recentlyon 20/20 and find Nov 28th. Or the title which is the toughest call.

It is truly a balanced and eductational story. I look at my own experience and realize how niave and clueless I was. Wanting a little Pollyanna family and pink-bowed and frills girl.

I realize in the past two and 1/2 years with Mary Beth, how God has matured me. How my motivation at first to adopt was truly about ME! What I wanted, what I needed...sorry to say, that was the truth.

And now, He is shifting that...has shifted it, though I still always have far to go....

To what this child needs, what all my children need. Yes, it would have been easier to have just my two boys and leave it at that. Even now, it would be easier to have my three kids and stop here, but....

Our family is not done. :) And not only is it a hope and work in me, that God is doing through adoption, but a hope and love for my dear daughters, and a hope and work of love in my sons.

Children are individuals, with needs, sorrows, joys, quirks... God has a plan for each and everyone of them, and if I can remember to lift my head from the day to day responsibilities in life..from execution of details, to the content, the thread, textured element in those details of nuturing a life to see how special they are, how loved, how planned for and thought about (by not just me, but God) and how full of hope and chance for life and impact they have....to nuture their soul and body and spirit, to help them find God and find the person they are meant to be.....

and in that journey, truly find myself as well.

That is why...

In this episode, they tell about this woman in montana that helps with children with RAD or other severe issues in adoption. She is a blessing and an angel, in my mind. I would love to do what she does in a future season.... http://www.ranchforkids.org/

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/publish/consumer/home/shows/adoption.html

No comments:

Post a Comment