Wednesday, May 19, 2010

11 days and counting......


Things are progressing. Ticket bought, hotel booked, Olivia's clothes packed, books,...
Arrangements for my kids staying here made.....
I have been working working working, to hand my work over to a back-up while I am out ALL SUMMER.
That, plus the end of school with all the extra field trips, awards assemblies, kindergarten graduation, teacher's gifts, piano recital, concerts....
Whew!!! I will be GLAD to be on a plane for 6, then 16 hours just to rest and read!!! Looking forward to it. I might even bring a NOVEL! lol.
Can you believe after so long, the time is just around the corner to actually bring Olivia home? And to experience Ethiopia???!!! I am so excited..and so blessed that my son Nick, gets to come with me. What a time we will have.
Please pray for our journey, my kids (and pets) at home, my mom who worries about us :), and our Olivia Hiywat.
Just 11 days.

4 comments:

  1. Sandee, I am SO happy for you and your family! Still watching and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! We've been praying that God prepares Olivia Mame's heart and all transitioning is smooth! SO excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee - I can't believe this is finally happening for you and your family! I am so excited - I will pray for your safety and that soon, very soon, you will see that precious smiling face of your babe! She is so beautiful!

    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandee, My name is Annie. My husband and I are celebrating our 3 yr old son's birthday today (Isaac, adopted from Guatemala). While he is sleeping I was looking through his Journey book. I found a sweet note from you on a blog a friend set up 2 yrs ago to help raise money to fund us as we lost our little girl days before that. Anyhow, you sent us a SWEET message and offered your prayers....I don't think I noticed it then I was so upset over our loss and trying to figure out how to continue. Anyhow, I wanted to thank you, an angel, who prayed for us and our little boy who is now home and turning 3. Thank you. I pray your journey to bring your daughter home goes well and I will be praying for you tonight. God bless,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete