Friday, January 25, 2008

So who is adopting....


I borrowed that title from another single mom adopting and found this interesting statistic on her website.....

Of the 50,000 children of all ages permanently placed in U.S. homes through public adoptions in 2001, 32 percent were adopted by single women-..... according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Children's Bureau.

And I "met" on my Ethiopian adoption group, a single mommy in Idaho, who has three children, and is adopting a fourth from Ethiopia, like me....

And many more. So I am not the only crazy one! Insanity is contagious!! You better watch out!

Families come in all sizes......


On the Update front: I am still gathering paperwork for my homestudy and for my dossier...but I have quite a bit done...amazingly, so quickly. I would say within the next two weeks, I should have all my paperwork....and then have to wait on the homestudy to be completed and then the Immigration Services to finish their fingerprinting and 171H form.


Forms forms forms....I am glad I did this before, it is just not as daunting as the first time around. And I have a great agency, both the local homestudy one and the international one. Both Christian organizations and everyone is so helpful I am blessed.


This is exciting! I just can't believe it. Imagine, I may have my other daughter before the year is out! Can you believe that????


Well, gotta put Mary to bed......and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment