- Ask adoption agency, "How do I get that?" You should get it as part of your homestudy.
- Talk to Homestudy agency, "Can you give me this?" We already have your fingerprint clearance still associated with our office from your last adoption. So if you need a letter, contact Dept of Justice, this number, talk to Lena (in records) and she get can one for you.
- Call Lena, get voicemail, says leave a message and she will call you back in two days.
- 8 days later, still no call. Talk to Homestudy agency, is there another way to get this letter? Try this number xxx-xxxx
- Call xxx-xxxx, get a recording that says if you need a clearnce letter, call this number yyy-yyyy and push option 3.
- Call yyy-yyyy and pusch option 3, gives three more options, none that matches my situation, closes says pay $32 and get fingerprinted to get your letter. (I already AM fingerprinted) so I push zero hoping to talk to someone. Get an operator, tell my long story and she transfers me to...... hold on...guess...Lena's number :)
- I talk to someone, (not sure if it is Lena, she's not saying) and I share the whole story, again. She says, for your agency your contact is Alberto, call him at zzz-zzzz.
- I call Alberto at zzz-zzzz and I get his voicemail, he says leave a message and he will call be back in the order the call was received. (Doesn't mention how many days.) I leave the story.
I am now awaiting a callback.
Theory, the patience, self-control, organization, and persistance needed to complete all the paperwork for an adoption and work with all the various agencies involved, is very similiar to the patience, self-control, organization and persistance needed to parent young children while running a household, also similiar to the patience needed to glue 278 tennis balls to the undercarriage of a pick-up truck speeding down the freeway, using only maple syrup.
Guess my character is being built. I be characterized!