Thursday, March 12, 2009

And Abba loves each and everyone...

On this journey to daughters, one at home and one I am still waiting for, and this may sound dumb, I have only recently come to realize it is not about my desire for family, for a daughter, or second daughter. It is not about me being a momma, their momma. Although both of those are there.... It is about a little girl needing the rest of her life. She had a momma, one she probably loved and will miss her whole life long. Even if she grows to not remember her, the thought of the fact that she had a birth momma will be something she could always grieve.

I am not here to replace that. No ME momma possessiveness over her heart. Sounds silly. Selfish, but with my other daughter, I struggled with that at first. God has grown in my heart and emotions.

I see now, it is about her life. About love and nuturing and being a second momma to love her her whole life long. I pray her first momma knew Jesus. I want to dance at the day in heaven I would be able to hold her hand and smile over her daughter, who become my daughter, too.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Sandee, this video had me in tears! I hope you don't mind if I swipe it sometime and use on my blog!

    You have a wonderful blog,
    M~
    (a fellow Hopester)

    ReplyDelete