Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bittersweet...

Update: Today C (who is a momma over there right now) told me: "Mame said thanks for the gifts she loves you and when are you coming.?" My heart aches! Lord, when AM I coming????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart longs for her....

Reports from two mommies recently in Ethiopia who visited with Mame:


"Sandee, Mame is very shy at first, but I showed {her} how to play some hand games, like Slide, and she laughed so hard and had so much fun. She is so mature...when I met {my daughter} she was coaching her through the process and telling her what to say and do, it brought tears to my eyes because she surely is the big sister there to all the little girls."

"Unfortunately the English speaker was not there when we left the package. She, Mame, appeared confused at first when I handed her the package but then I said America Momma and she lit up... Mame is very animated and extremely graceful. She is such a stunning girl. She seemed to be very at ease with herself and around other people and she really liked the pez candy dispenser once I showed her how it worked."

I got to see a video of her getting her package from us and opening it...and one of the mom's told me she looks like she is 6 or 7, no older than 8. Which is perfect, as her paperwork says she will turn 8 next month.

I carry an ache/fear....that the guardian relinquishment issue/paperwork will never be resolved and my daughter will live her life in an orphanage. Surely not! Please pray with me.

3 comments:

  1. I will keep praying.
    Big hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Faith she will come home where she belongs! You're all in my prayers.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are for a quick resolution to this and Mame comes home very soon!

    ReplyDelete