Monday, February 2, 2009

This too will pass...

I have discovered, again and again, that God is truly providential, in control, and very smart. His timing is the best, regardless of whether I think it is or not.

There is a song with the phrase, I think based on a verse, that says:

We have an anchor beyond the veil.

Heb 6:19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil...

And, although the veil is talking about the holy of holies, and the mystery there, the presence of God. ...the same holds true of the mystery of our future, of what is to come and when. The future is veiled to us, yet already fully known by God. And although veiled, we have an anchor, beyond that veil, beyond that unknown, in God. My God who loves and cares and orchestrates my present, is also in my future and orchestrating that as well.

So with an anchor beyond the veil, I hold on. This time of uncertainty and weariness will pass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment